Story Updated Wed May 22 12:58:18 PDT 2013
Lane only timber county to pass law enforcement tax
Voters in two Oregon timber counties with the lowest property taxes in the state — Curry and Josephine — turned down tax increases Tuesday that would have funded law enforcement, but a jail levy passed in a third, Lane County.
- Lady Pirates hit the road for playoffs
- Photos: Life in Oregon
- Curry County looking at jail closure after tax levy fails
- Oregon prosecutors propose reducing prison time for drugs
- Oregon woman missing in Hawaii found dead
- Veterinarian: More marijuana means more poisoned dogs
- IRS official at center of controversy: 'I did nothing wrong'
- Results: May 21, 2013, Oregon Election
- Timber country: 'A beautiful place to live, a hard place to make a living'
- More top stories...