Jardin whips up some Argentine Chimichurri.
6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup parsley, finely chopped (preferably Italian)
1/2 cup chopped packed cilantro
3 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper corns
1/2-1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
3/4 cup red wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup olive oil ( or grape seed oil)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Kosher salt
1) In food processor or blender, drind garlic and the herbs.
2) Add ground pepper corns and crushed red pepper and vinegar.
3) Add oil and gently mix. DO NOT OVER PROCESS. Sauce shoould be slightly thickened.
4) Let stand several hours or refrigerate and serve at room temperature.
5) Drizzle over grilled or roasted meats, fish or chicken. Also good on tomatoes or sandwiches.