Coos County Green and Solar Home Tour
October 6 8:30 AM Tour starts at Coos Bay Firehall 541-266-0877 firstname.lastname@example.org www.solcoast.com
Sol Coast Consulting and Design would like to present the Coos County Green & Solar Home Tour. It will take place on Saturday, October 6th at 8:30 starting at the Coos Bay Fire Station. Statewide sponsors are Oregon Department of Energy and Energy Trust of Oregon. Cash incentives from Energy Trust of Oregon, make green and solar technology more affordable than ever. The tour will provide a first stop for many homeowners and businesses looking for opportunities to decrease their energy usage.
Featured at the tour this year will be the following:
• City of Coos Bay Fire Station, a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building, the first in our community
• ORCA Park West apartments with Solar electricity and energy efficient heat pump water heaters
• A straw bale home with off-grid solar electric
• An Earth Advantage certified home in Coos County with staggered stud framing, extreme insulation, active heat recovery ventilation system, and solar thermal system
• A solar retrofit for a custom built home
• A small, custom built home featuring grid tied solar electricity, solar thermal, and high performance construction
• A passive solar home with solar hot water and masonry woodstove
The Tour starts with a no-host continental breakfast and registration at the Coos Bay Fire Station from 8:30 AM, A guided tour to the sites will leave from the Fire Station at 9:00 AM. Limited seating transportation will be provided. We will return to the fire station about 1:30 PM.
Call Sol Coast Companies at 541-266-0877