Fire Dept.: House fire over weekend deemed 'accidental'

COOS BAY, Ore. -- Authorities say a possible electrical problem was the cause of a house fire in Coos Bay over the weekend.

On Saturday just before 7:00 am, the Coos Bay Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire located at 1355 Washington Street in the Englewood district.

When fire crews arrived, they say they found the front porch area heavily engulfed in flames.

The fire was brought under control and contained to the front of the house.

Fire crews say the home sustained moderate smoke damage throughout the structure.

Officials say the occupants were not home at the time of the fire, and had left the house about an hour before the fire was reported to go hunting.

The Coos Bay Fire Department says an investigation found that the fire was accidental, and started in or around the power meter/breaker panel. They say it was possibly due to an overheated circuit or electrical overload.    

No injuries were reported.