House fire Saturday night closes Central Avenue

House fire Saturday night closes Central Avenue »Play Video

COOS BAY, Ore. - Danny Stinson was sitting in his living room watching TV when he saw smoke coming from the back of the house Saturday.
 
Stinson said he found flames several feet tall in the laundry room. He and his wife escaped without injury.

Police blocked off part of Central Avenue while fire crews fought the flames.

Stinson told KCBY News he thinks the fire started in a fuse box in the laundry room.