Story Updated Wed Jun 19 14:22:04 PDT 2013
Obesity classified as disease, may improve patients’ care
The American Medical Association officially recognized obesity as a disease Tuesday, a decision local physicians believe will make it easier for them to treat the overweight. But, opponents argue obesity is a lifestyle choice and classifying it a medical illness will increase health care costs.
- Oregon Legislature approves vaccine education bill
- Boy drowns: 'Everyone was screaming, Call 911'
- As gas prices rise, fuel thefts do too
- 14 mayors seek limits for soda buys with food stamps
- Parents' ruse snares 30-year-old man wooing 15-year-old daughter
- Recycled salmon: There's a catch, and that's the point
- Father-daughter MX racers take aim at amateur championships
- Man told officers he killed wife and neighbors; motive unclear
- DA: Man formally charged in 3 deaths
- I-5 Skagit River bridge reopens less than 4 weeks after collapse
- Former meth addict: 'There's hope. It's possible to get sober'
- More top stories...