Voters will choose whether to implement a "US Constitution Second Amendment Preservation" ordinance, which made it to the ballot as a citizen-driven initiative
Earlier this summer the board approved a new federal program that would provide free meals for all North Bend students, but this week the board voted unanimously not to move forward with the program.
Monday night's public meeting was a continuation of the hearing that started on July 20. When that meeting drew three hours of public testimony, the Planning Commission voted to give the public more time to submit evidence."
The room was packed Monday as dozens of community members gave their opinion on the proposed project, which would extend the river walk trail by two-and-a-half miles from Highway 42 to the Johnson Mill Pond.
70 percent of the tax would go to promote tourism in the area while the remaining 30 percent would go toward local law enforcement.
The new resolution requires compensation to the Common School Fund for the fair market value of the forest.
"Probably the overriding concern is that we haven't discussed it in great depth and we haven't gotten the information we need," says North Bend mayor Rick Wetherell.
It was part of a series of town hall meetings he’s conducting throughout Oregon's Fourth District.
The event drew quite a crowd, nearly filling the Bandon Public Library’s community room.
74 percent of the people who replied believe the streets are bad and getting worse.
The council tabled a motion for an ordinance that could put a moratorium on marijuana-related activities until the November general election, which includes activities such as the production and sale of cannabis.
One question being discussed is just how much space should be between a medical marijuana grow site or dispensary and someone else's property.
This year Rep. DeFazio will be holding 14 town halls in 13 towns in Oregon’s 4th District, including Coos and Curry Counties.
The “Save Our Streets” project would create a 5-cent-per-gallon tax on motor fuel sold in either city, with each city’s proceeds dedicated to street maintenance and improvement.
He says the most common concern among Simpson Heights residents is increased traffic.